United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Finance, Finance Director
Income Auditor Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai Employee Status : Regular
About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai’s best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey. Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises twelve luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world. If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as : Income Auditor Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions
- Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Prepare and ensure Daily Flash Report is timely and accurate as per policy.
- Ensure that banquet department’s revenue postings are correct by reconciling the banquet “Event short list” report which is provided by the Banquets manager on a daily basis. Follow-up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify the balance of all interface postings to ensure all revenues have been posted.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income journal daily
- Review housekeeping discrepancy reports and file in the daily operations package.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs and miscellaneous charges to the PMS.
- Ensure all miscellaneous/allowance/paid/house charges are approved and complete with adequate explanations
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back up information. F&B void reports to be filed in the daily operations package.
- Verify all negative postings, all rate variances, and all F&B Discount reports. Negative posting report should be filed in the daily operations package.
- Prepare extension wise telephone reports and submit to all departments to review. Make sure all departments return the checked reports.
- Ensure that all credit card transactions are recorded correctly and payments are allocated using the corporate reconciliation template.
- Handling of credit card reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Handling promptly all guest issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and charge backs. Make the appropriate corrections as required after obtaining the Director of Finance’s approval.
- Review of No-Show reports and to ensure that all “chargeable” No Shows has been charged. No show report is retained with the daily operations package.
- Review foreign currency rate changes for accuracy and file in daily operations package.
- Prepare and maintain:
- To ensure comp & entertainment checks are properly accounted for and name of guest and purpose of entertainment are indicated
- Ensure sale of gift certificates is properly accounted for and utilization of gift vouchers is administered accurately
- To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts
- Completing various reports as required by management depending on the needs of the hotel operations.
- Completing various other tasks and duties as required by management
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of OPERA, MICROS, & cashiering functions.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in a hotel