Host/hostess - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
The hostess/host is responsible for delivering great service to all guests, being knowledgeable and professional in doing so. The hostess is mostly responsible for receiving and seating the guests and having good communication with the waiting staff and kitchen about the guests.
- Responsible for doing all preparations for the service, like preparing table planning and menu’s.
- Making sure to work with clean equipment and surfaces.
- Making sure that he/she is always enthusiastic and delivering great service to all guests, the hostess is the first contact for the guests and should always be aware of that in answering email, phone or speaking with the guests directly.
- Keeping an eye on guests when they move or something changes and communicating this with waiting staff and kitchen.
- Taking orders and giving information to guests if required and clearly communicate this to colleagues.
- Making the waiting and kitchen staff aware of VIPs and special requests or needs from guests.
- During the service the hostess/host should be able to deal with challenges, changes and keep an eye on table turnovers.
- If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
- Responsible for cleaning tasks during and after service.
- Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
- Attend departmental meetings if required.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Similar work experience in F&B
- Degree in hotel school preferred
- Fluent English
- Arabic, Russian, French or German language considered a plus
- Great personality and excellent customer service skill