Guest Services Assistant - Housekeeping- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.About the role
Receives all information concerning housekeeping department. Liaises and dispatches it to the concerned person in order to keep a steady flow of work all day long. Ensure no-one takes anything from the store area without signing for it.
- Reports for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Answers the telephone as per Jumeirah International standards.
- Forwards administration works to the department concerned.
- Distributes worksheets and keys to housekeeping attendants in timely manner of their shifts.
- Receives worksheets and keys from housekeeping attendants at the end of their shift.
- Checks the key cabinet at the end of each shift to make sure that all keys allocated to housekeeping re accounted for, as well as mobile telephones.
- Ensures throughout the day that rooms are regularly updated to the correct status.
- Liaise with Front Office, Guest Relations and Team Leaders regarding VIP arrivals and special guest requests.
- Registers lost and found in the register, hand over and follow-up with the security department.
- Monitors the issuing of returned lost and found items to the finder.
- Monitors the issuing of supplies from the stores in the housekeeping area.
- Is present and active in training sessions provided by the hotel.
- Understands and adheres to all fire and safety procedures.
- Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
- Participates in the multi-skilling philosophy of the department.
- Helps in maintaining the store room in the Housekeeping.
- Attends to guest requests when required to ensure of a quick response time
- Understands and is fully aware of the Departmental Performance Plan
The ideal candidate must:
- Be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a High School graduate
- Have good communication skills