Mixologist - Burj Al Arab Terrace
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
About the role
An exciting role has arisen in the Food & Beverage department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hardworking Mixologist for the Terrace. The main purpose of this position is to provide quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the hotel standards at all times.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensuring guests live the “Ultimate Experience”
- Being fully responsible for the bar operation in the outlet.
- Ensuring HACCP standards, SOP’s, cleaning and all bar related work
- All special occasions and events will be taken care by and creating innovative cocktail, specials and recipes.
- Taking care of the Mixo trolley and in charge to carry out the task on the floor.
- Being able to represents Burj Al Arab for external & internal bartending competitions and advises all related participation and acts as a mentor for all junior colleagues.
- Creating menus and check sales mix to make changes or upgrade with the coordination with the outlet/beverage manager.
- Trying new methods, equipment’s required, new products and generates ideas for creativity.
- Stocking the bar areas with, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
- Developing a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- Ensuring the bar is presented with high quality and stylish recipes.
- Keeping the bar records and files well updated.
- Minimizing and controlling breakage.
- Being creative and innovative during low seasons and high seasons to utilize revenue by implementing beverages, cocktails and Mocktails.
- Utilizing the hotel's computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- Ensuring proper mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
- Being able to report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- Being able to carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver if requested.
- Being flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- Providing bar related training for the service staff.
- Share bar related topics and information via notice boards.
- Use expiry labeling effectively.
- Assist the service team when needed.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management, and you should have minimum of 1 year experience in a Mixologist role with standalone/branded restaurants.
You will have the genuine interest in assisting others, enjoys working with people and uses techniques and styles of preparing beverages. You must also have a full working knowledge of creating beverage menu, understanding of all cash up procedures, organised, has the ability to handle customer complaints, has good time management skills and is able to make simple decisions that effect your own work or the customer's experience in a positive manner.
It is also essential that you have a good command of the English language (verbal and written) and have an experience of working in a multicultural environment as well as being IT literate.