Director of Front Office
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The ultimate expression of style and sophistication, W Doha Hotel & Residences infuses your life with the unique combination of casual elegance and urban energy that only W Hotels can provide. Conveniently located in the West Bay of Doha, W Doha Hotel & Residences provides easy access to Doha's shopping destinations, embassies, financial district and culture. W Doha brings the world of entertainment, culinary delights, nightlife and personalized hospitality to Doha.
As a Front Office Director you will be part of our Rooms team reporting to the Director of Operations.
Sub-Departments of the Front Office include Front Desk, Concierge, Bell-Team, Telephone Operator, Doormen, Valet.
As a Director of Front Office it is your main responsibility to represent the hotel management while ensuring all aspects of the guest experience is seamless and a true reflection of the W branded experience.
It is your further task to:
• Review all expected arrivals, assign rooms and communicate special requests to the concerned departments.
• Assist Director of Rooms in developing annual objectives in line with hotels’ objectives.
• Implement company programs and manage the operations of the rooms division consistently with local laws and regulation, Starwood Policies and Procedures and W standards to ensure a high level of service quality and guest satisfaction.
• Review daily room availability and inform the Welcome Office team accordingly
• Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, and upcoming events.
• Participate in preparation of the forecasting and departmental budget and manning guide and manage within the budget guidelines.
• Ensure that all training schedules for new hires are completed and that a constant support system has been established
• Ensure all the relevant guest experience information is recorded in the approved format and is made available to all relevant hotel departments
• Supervise the Talent of the Welcome Office including the Welcome Desk Agents, Welcome Ambassadors, and Door Ambassadors
• Ensure that guest complaints and other issues are handled efficiently and professionally while following up with the guest accordingly
• Supervise that all postings, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
You must be fluent in the English language (both written and verbally).
We expect you to have in-depth knowledge of Fidelio or Opera, Social Media channels, Microsoft Office package.
Previous experience of at least 5 years in Front Office and at least 1 year in the same position in a luxurious property is required. Previous experience in the Middle East or European experience is preferred.
A Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management or a related field is preferred.
You are the type of person that never says no, you always aim to exceed customer expectations, you are a great communicator, you demonstrate team spirit and cooperation, and act with professionalism and integrity.
You like to take ownership, you learn, develop and adapt to change and you can work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail.