Recreation - Lifeguard
Full job details
We are currently looking for dynamic, self motivated Recreation professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Lifeguard you are responsible to monitor activities in the swimming area to prevent accidents and provide assistance to swimmers, whereby your role will include key responsibilities as:
• Caution swimmers regarding unsafe areas
• Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administer first aid
• Maintain order in swimming areas
• Determine the chlorine content and PH value of water, using water testing kit
• Conduct or officiate swimming meets and give swimming instructions
• Ensure the swimming pool is clean.
• Ensure the sun loungers are clean, in the correct position and in working order
• Regularly check the temperature of the pool to ensure they are at set standard
• Ensure the pool deck is clean and free of any debris during the operation
• Ensure that the umbrellas are fixed properly to their units
• Ensure that when the umbrellas are not in use, they are tied down for safety precautions
• Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
• Have full knowledge of club’s facilities, timings, promotions and prices
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally be a professional swimmer and a trained and qualified life guard with a diploma or university degree and some previous work experiences preferably within the hotel industry. Physically fit and able to work long hours in an outside environment are essentials. Good command of English and good interpersonal abilities are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven with good guest service skills and the ability to handle complaints. You are a positive, smiley individual with a sportive, outgoing and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the job