Assistant Banquet Sales Manager
Full job details
We are a luxury Hotel Chain based in Europe and are making a foray into the Dubai’s bustling business and shopping District of Business Bay to open our first flagship Hotel.
The Hotel blends cosmopolitan lifestyle and relaxation. This 5-star retreat features lively dining, leisure and entertainment choices and modern meeting facilities all of which are just a few steps away from the stunning blue waters of the Dubai Canal. Modern, chic and contemporary, this hotel features 367 well-equipped, modern and comfortable rooms and suites, all of which offer incredible views.
About the Role:
A role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to actively contribute to the successful achievement of Hotel’s goals of High Standard Quality Guest Service.
Your key duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- To be totally familiar with hotel products, rates, and promotions at all times.
- Help coordinate sales blitzes in the local city or outstation for the geographic area of responsibility are conducted timely and efficiently.
- Coordinate in hotel activities including promotions, sales blitzes, entertainment and other operational areas as directed.
- Service needs of customers by attending to all requests promptly within 24 hours.
- Assist the Banquet Sales Manager in preparing proposals for consideration.
- Positive communication of the hotel image to existing and potential customer at all times.
- Handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Accurately prepare month-end, year-to-date, room night and revenue accounts reports for his/her supervisor.
- Maintain accurate information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts.
- Ensures that all incoming correspondence (inquiries, requests, offers, confirmations, etc.) are attended to and replied in due time.
- Ensures all correspondence is filed in a methodical systematic basis.
- Sets up a filing system for all relevant and important correspondence or documents.
- Implements a daily follow up system.
- Prepares and transmits the Call Reports on a weekly basis to the Banquets Sales Manager.
- Establishes a Monthly Report which includes the summary of the past activities, prospection and trends, and analyses competitor’s sales and promotion efforts, forecast for all sales activities & production/conversion figures. Attends once a month hotel’s Sales/Rooms Division and Credit meeting.
- Follows-up with clients and prepares contracts considering the official rate policy in co-ordination with his/her supervisor.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 1+ years in a similar position in a 4* Or 5* property.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is a must.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic + Accommodation + Transport + Meals + Laundry + Air Tickets + Medical Insurance.