Chef De Cuisine - 55&5th, The Grill
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1025 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-traveled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
As a senior member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, food budget management, menu delivery and development’s, food and non food purchasing and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be able to inspire and motivate whilst building a culture of high performance throughout the culinary team.
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team to maintain department standards.
• Key relationship with the Executive Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Sous & Chef de Cuisines.
• Key relationship with F&B Director, Venue Managers, Banqueting Manager and all Service staff/Private Dining and Back of House Manager.
• Key relationship with Hotel Manager.
• When appropriate represent the Kitchen at Operations meetings, Event Order Meetings etc. at all times being prepared and ensuring seamless flow of communication back to the Kitchen team on any action points.
• Key relationship with the stewarding department and the stewards.
Responsible for the efficient day to day operation in the assigned outlet kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, presentation, supervision, training and storage. Suggests in connection with the Executive Sous Chef for disciplinary actions relating to all kitchen & stewarding staff
• Completion of daily required food safety records to comply with HACCP & Sous Vide SOP's, daily uploading of all required data to Diligence as per hotel policy.
• Have prior experience as a chef working and managing a Grade Manger kitchen within a luxury 5 Star hotel.
• Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.
• Be knowledgeable of classic food & modern preparation, dishes and cooking.
• Have experience in Global & Regional cuisines such as European, Asian with both modern & classic techniques.
• Be able to demonstrate this knowledge on a daily basis through flawless execution each and every time
• Have experience with working with & supervising a large brigade of chefs on a daily basis.
• Liaises with the Stewarding department to ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen, its fixture and equipment
• When appropriate meet guests to assist with specific requirements related to food.
• Knowledge of hotel policy and fire-safety procedures.
• Knowledge of Kitchen based fire fighting equipment and the appropriate extinguisher for the appropriate fuel element in the event of a fire.
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times.
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times.
• Complete PMP to set timescales.
• Be appropriately aware of actions required in order to assist in managing the kitchen P&L, kitchen related GEI and LRA standards.
• Effective menu planning, implantation and direction through menu engineering, costings, recipes and photography.
• Manage the kitchen team, through department rota’s, training and communication meetings.
• Be proactive in feedback on current menus and actively work on dish concepts for future menus
• Holder of an intermediate Health & Hygiene Certificate.
• Deputize for the Exec Chef/Exec Sous in their absence
• To act as a role model for more Junior Chefs in conduct, language and skill. To act as an ambassador for the hotel and the venues when required
Hotel school, High School
Previous 5 star hotel Experience
Technical/ functional competencies:
• Strong professional Knowledge of the hotel industry.
Providing service with smile to variety guests and anticipation and exceeding
• Guest expectations.
Interacting with guest on a personal level providing exemplary customer
Building a rapport with guest, which encourages trust and confidence
Attention to details and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work.
Ability to work under pressure.
Basic Computer knowledge.
• Basic Salary: 13,000 Dhs
• Accommodation: 1 Bedroom Apartment
• Status: Single Status
• Ticket: 12 months