Night Supervsior - Loss Prevention
Full job details
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To protect and safeguard Hotel assets, associates, guest and visitors while on the premises of the Hotel.
3-5 years experience with police, security or military
Skills and Knowledge
Quick and eager learner
· To keep watch for any suspicious characters, would-be criminals, shopping touts, pimps, prostitutes or any undesirable persons.
· To ensure that unauthorized persons do not remove unattended pieces of luggage left by the guest.
· To call the operator (Dial 999) in the event of fire and report the incident. To sound the fire alarm & call for the Emergency Response Team. When directed, alerts the guest to evacuate the area. To silence the Fire Alarm bells once they are activated, ensure that the fire-fighting cabinet on the wall of floors is unlocked. To ensure that no vehicles obstruct the entrance of the hotel.
· To ensure smooth functioning of guest lifts and revolving glass doors, and report any malfunctions to the Engineering Dept.Informs the Duty Manager, Night Shift In-Charge, whoever is on duty to follow up with Engineering and record the discrepancy.
· To conduct periodic checking on display or exhibits & ensure they are secured and intact.
· To assist guest in hailing taxis in the absence of the Bellmen/Doorman at the hotel entrance area.
· To control traffic in front of the hotel during arrival and departure of VIPs during large gatherings and special functions.
· To close doors found open on floor rounds and to ensure that unauthorized person does not loiter on the guest floors. To report all burned out light bulbs, exits sign out of order, dishes or trolleys left at guest doors, etc., to the appropriate departments.
· To conduct periodic inspection at public toilets, guest and service lift to prevent vandalism and informed Housekeeping Dept. if the toilets need cleaning.
· To patrol all areas of the hotel alone or as a member of a team.
· To respond, keep constantly alert and make immediate investigation of all incidents/complaints/irregularities and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
· To investigate and take necessary action to resolve incidents or situations found on patrol, such as disorderly conduct, theft, drunkenness, prowling, etc. or reported Guest complaint & resolve it as soon as possible.
· To ensure that Key Cards & Metal Keys are properly issued to authorized personnel, properly sign and entered into the Key Log Book and the same is returned after departments operations.
· To participate in traffic and crowd control at large gatherings.
· To answer telephone calls and give information on routine inquiries. Meets callers who come to request information or directions. Provide answer to guest/visitors inquiries regarding hotel promotions.
· To prepare required forms to report incidents, complaints, stolen property, and lost and found items, etc. Make entries to Security Incident Log Book.
· To perform guard duty at the associates entrance, Basement Parking and ensure that associates use the proper procedures for clocking in and out of the hotel. Registers and issue Security Pass to contract workers and visitors. Direct visitors and provide assistance as necessary.
· To check parcels and items taken out by associates and other authorized person & ensure that it is properly documented.
· To inform other Security Officer to help associates having trouble with lockers. Check locker room at regular routine intervals.
· To monitor closely all security and safety system and ensure its operability and effectiveness. (CCTV, Cameras, Break Glass Unit, Smoke Detector, Fire Hose Cabinet, Fire Extinguishers, Fire Alarm Panel, etc.)
· To received, check all items delivered and intended for the property including equipment and materials in the absence of Receiving Officer as per documentation. Check all suppliers and issue proper Gate pass prior to entry to the property including Red Stickers & Green Sticker requirements for outgoing items.
· To perform other related duties as assigned or directed by higher management.
· To carry out occasional assignment/projects as designated by the Security & Loss Prevention Manager and/or Director of Engineering or General Manager
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.