Bar Manager, China Grill
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 1,200 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
Food & Beverage (F&B) represents approximately half of total business and is a key driver of guest experience. As a result, the F&B function is critical to the overall success and reputation of our individual hotels, our portfolio of brands, and for Starwood as a whole.
China Grill: Trendsetters in eclectic Asian-inspired world cuisine, the internationally renowned China Grill creates unrivalled and unforgettable moments for every single guest. With an indoor lounge and restaurant and now boasting a new outdoor terrace, China Grill provides the right atmosphere for any occasion.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* Responsible for beverage menu pricing and contribution margin.
* Control stock levels and movement of stocks within the operation
to ensure efficient cost control.
* Keep up-to-date with new products and trends on the market.
* Managing day – to – day operation of the bar, including the
selection, development and performance management of the
outlet employees, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
* Manages scheduled shifts ensuring guest satisfaction.
*Manages all operational issues ensuring standards of quality and
service are met.
* Effectively manage the bar and stock to ensure smooth operation
and high standards of customer service.
* Serve all food and beverages as required while maintaining
overall levels of courtesy, service and cleanliness of the bar areas.
* Ensure all revenue opportunities are maximized through effective
teamwork and development and will maintain strict liquor stock
* Managing and motivating your team.
* You will be required to ensure that all staff within your
department are adequately trained and developed in line with
* You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure
consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance
and service delivery.
* Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
* Manage the departmental budget
* Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and
* To maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work
methods and systems.
* To carry out ordering of supplies as and when necessary.
* To be informed and aware of all relevant legislation regarding
service of liquor, the sale of tobacco, opening hours, etc.
* To constantly strive to improve the standards of hygiene and
service throughout the bar.
* To ensure that all services delivered within the bar operation are
being charged for correctly.
* Ensure that all cocktails and mixed drinks are of the highest
* Ensure that strict and proper inventory control is being carried out.
To move into this position you should have:
* Extensive wine and spirits knowledge and proven history in
writing, analyzing and costing wine and beverage lists
* High level of cocktail training/knowledge
* Five years plus experience in 5 stars hotels in a dynamic
* Possess the ability to lead this unique operation
* Ability to manage all aspects of the business (daily Operation,
F&B cost, Marketing, budgeting, forecasting, quality control)
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to manage, train and develop a team of subordinates
* Result oriented, proactive, innovative leader with an ability to
lead and improvise in all situations.
* Ambitious, target driven and trend-setting manager.
* Good interpersonal, People management and Leadership skills.
* Able to network with peers in the industry
* Good working knowledge of Food & Beverage products and
* Knowledge of the Dubai market is desirable
* Working times will be night shift, however successful candidates
maybe required to work additional hours to meet the demand of
our business and the clients.