Club Lounge Manager - Mina A' Salam, Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a talented Club Lounge Manager to join the Rooms Division team at Mina A' Salam, Madinat Jumeirah Resort. You will be responsible for developing both Club Executive and Premium Leisure Club in a well-known concept that provides all necessary services and products to the leisure and business travelers. Anticipates and meets guests’ needs and requests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Supervise the smooth operation of Club Executive and Premium Leisure Club and Business Centre to ensure high standards of service and guest care at all times.
- Supervise regular departmental trainings for all colleagues in the Club executive department.
- Attend to the needs of Club Executive, Premium Leisure Club and suite guests at all times throughout their stay.
- Supervise and coordinate Club Executive or Premium Leisure Club group arrivals and departures.
- Lead and motivate the team in order to maximize productivity and colleague satisfaction.
- Ensure coaching, counselling and discipline as per the established company guidelines and related policies.
- Communicate, liaise and keep the Guest Services Manager (MAS) and Front Office Manager (MAS) and EAM rooms fully informed of all problems reported by guests and colleagues alike.
- Maintain open line of communication and co-ordination with related departments to ensure guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Update Executive Team (MAS) and Rooms Team (MAS) at morning briefing on expected arrival of VIP’s.
- Measure and monitors operational performance through established KPIs and Balance score card.
- Manage all appraisals of Club lounges team on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensure clear Standard Operating Procedures are developed, communicated, updated and implemented to ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction are consistently achieved.
- Completes & follows up complaint/feedback forms according to JI & MJ complaint handling standards.
- Keeps updated records of SOP changes and related checklists as outlined in the departmental operational plan.
- Ensure the lounge food and beverage operation is fit for purpose for all meal periods and in line with standard procedures from both Kitchen and bar service.
- Check daily requisition and expiry dates of lounge items as required.
- Carry out continual checks of guest satisfactions, ensure guests profiles are updated after every stay and during the guests stay with new preferences or feedback to ensure this information is shared with all hotel departments.
- Ensure proper colleagues grooming and attendance is adhered.
- Act as continual source of information, help and assistance all guests.
- Ensure GS colleagues are trained and competent in all tasks related to their Job profile and update their job profiles as and when required.
- Understand and adhere to all company financial directives in relation to the lounge operation.
- Maintain food and beverage cost according to the budget of the Lounges.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Management.Ensure all inventories are completed as per the SOP of the finance department.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Degree in Hospitality and have at least three years leadership experience within the Front Office Department. Ideally you will also have experience as a Duty Manager and have worked in a 5 star hotel with a culturally diverse workforce.
You will have good administration, communication, time management and organisational skills, as well as the capability to multitask with strong attention to detail. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent and you must have fluency in English both in written and spoken and proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, knowledge of Opera system.