Chef de Cuisine
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Food & Beverage / Culinary
• Completion of daily required food safety records to comply with HACCP & Sous Vide SOP's,
• Have experience in working and managing a multi station all day dining kitchen concept,
• Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens,
• Be knowledgeable of classic food & modern preparation, dishes and cooking,
• Have experience in world cuisines like European, North American, East Asian, South Asian and or Middle Eastern Arabic,
• Have experience with working with & supervising a large brigade of chefs on a daily basis,
• Be able to demonstrate this knowledge on a daily basis through flawless execution each and every time,
• When appropriate meet guests to assist with specific requirements related to food,
• Be appropriately aware of actions required in order to assist in managing the kitchen P&L, kitchen related GEI and LRA standards,
• Effective menu planning, implantation and direction through menu engineering, costing, recipes and photography,
• Manage the kitchen team, through department rota’s, training and communication meetings,
• Be proactive in feedback on current menus and actively work on dish concepts for future menus,
• Holder of an intermediate Health & Hygiene Certificate,
• Deputize for the Exec Chef/Exec Sous in their absence,
• To act as a role model for more Junior Chefs in conduct, language and skill. To act as an ambassador for the hotel and the venues when required.
• All Day Dining / Live Cooking / Open kitchen experience,
• Middle East Experience,
• Multi cuisine Outlet kitchen,
• Social and enjoys guest interaction,
• Embraces Social Media and active on it for the venue marketing,
• High Standard in HACCP,
• Experience in managing and leading multicultural teams,
• Computer Literate.