Housing & Welfare Manager - Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering
close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Housing & Welfare Manager who can handle all related
issues and lead a small maintenance/housing team to keep the building under
control and in top condition. He will be responsible to review all related
policies and procedures to guarantee the maintenance, hygiene / pest control
and upkeep of the building.
- Assist in the creation of and work within
the established Housing budget.
- Operate within departmental budgets through
effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules.
- It is the housing manager’s responsibility
to ensure that their establishment is run efficiently, that standards of
cleanliness and maintenance are upheld (in rooms, bathrooms and public areas),
that budgets are controlled and that their teams of staff are well trained and
- Renew all the housing related contracts on
time before expiring (Outside housing,
Transportation and pest control treatment)
- Monitor the appearance, standards and
performance of the Housing Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Set departmental targets and objectives,
work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Manage colleague performance issues in
compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date
knowledge of all rooms
- Maximize awareness of safety and security
amongst the Colleagues in the Colleague’s Housing.
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and
monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Maintain good communication and work
relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Coordinate with the Human Resources Manager
to all incoming new hires and implement arrival experience.
- Coordinate with DHR arrange monthly welfare
activities for colleagues
- Develop awareness and reputation of the
hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement
in local community.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment
laws and hotel or company policies and procedures.
- Ensure carried out monthly preventive maintenance
and day today maintenance work to be completed as per scheduled.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
The ideal candidate
has a background in either Engineering, Housekeeping or Security and additional
experience as minimum accommodation-in-charge for at least 2 to 3 years in a
similar environment. Good organisational skills, a high proficiency in Microsoft
Office products, fluency in English and one other language are a prerequisite.
Skills and Knowledge
and willing to help continue the success of the property