Director of Sales & Marketing
The Residence Zanzibar is looking for dynamic Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Facilitate the hiring process, including interviewing, training.
- Conduct performance appraisal every three and twelve months.
- Prepare rosters, work schedule and annual leaves as per guidelines of appropriate Industrial legislations.
- Develop written and oral presentations as to the best possible routes to increase public awareness and perception for the company.
- Coordinating marketing activities with graphic design artists, computer programmers, marketing firms, distribution centers or other individuals involve in media campaigns.
- Coordinating the implementation of advertising campaigns or public relations programs.
- Researching the market, interpreting trends and understanding the needs of community and business.
- Develop and maintain key accounts through personal sales calls, correspondences with existing/potential client base and attendance at travel and related industry meeting/tradeshows/sales blitz.
- Preparing business forecast, providing information and recommendations.
- Handles all inquiries from potential clients that may involve meeting, site inspection, negotiation and contract writing.
- Monitor and review sales performance to ensure hotel’s objectives are met with regards to room revenue.
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing plan.
- Prepare various administrative reports and statistics.
- Attend promptly to guest requests and complaints.
- Provide leadership support and motivate team in achieving departmental objectives.
- Conduct regular staff meetings/briefings to keep all associates informed.
- Hold and participate in Sales and Marketing meetings.
- Attend industry meetings and functions.
- Promote a work environment which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Host educational, FAM trips and journalists from a sales perspective.
- Take on additional roles and tasks from time to time as per operations requirements.