Guest Service Supervisor
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that arrival / departure experience is smooth and seamless for all guests and that the overall guests’ experience is enhanced monitored, recorded and followed through while guests are at the resort during the night and day time.
- Building relationships with our guest’s to assure and ensure that they will receive a true St. Regis Experience.
- Taking full ownership while handling guests’ complaints an opportunities ensuring that it’s resolved to guests’ satisfaction and that an investigation has taken place to avoid reoccurrence.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that guests are communicated to the hotel and stay relevant information so that experienced is indelible. Monitor, correct and address billing, especially when this concerns corporate accounts, luxury travel market guests, FIT tourists, groups etc.
- Ensure that all guests queries and requests are properly logged and followed up between other departments and guests as well. Guests’ private information is kept confidential, including address, e-mail, credit cards etc. Information should be accurately logged.
- Promote Starwood Preferred Guest program. To be fully familiar and actively promote hotel’s facilities.
- Ensure that all communication is passed to the guests and other department when needed.
- Ensure that rooms are ready for the guests at all times during night shift.
- Ensure well and safe working environment for the Front Desk and the Back Office, equipment is working, stationary is always available, cash float is present.
- Ensure corporate guests, leisure guests, luxury travel guests billing is accurate and if not, corrected on spot. Micros message report should be run daily to ensure F&B awareness of the special conditions of the guests reservations.
- Cashier reports are to be fully completed and checked.
- Key Driver for upselling. Ensure that rooms for potential upsell are cleaned, blocked and communicated to both HSK and FO. Ensure alerts are set for potential guests for upsell. Reports to be printed daily on the upselling board.
- Recognize all VIP/SPG guests and ensure to provide a solid confident point of contact should anything be needed from the guests during or past their stay.
- Be aware and ready to implement IT Contingency at all times.
- Encourage guests’ feedback and act upon it.
- Actively use StarGuest system to ensure compliance and efficient response.
- Ensure guests’ profiles are enhanced, completed and guests’ privacy is respected. Guests are opted in or opted out from StarGuest system to support GPS.
- Ensure all guests interactions are recorded in StarGuest/PMS at minimum. Ensure that all guests’ opportunities are logged as “Expectations” in StarGuest and actioned (by appropriate department) immediately to recover the guest experience.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Preferable to have received training in customer service, sales and upselling
• At least 18 months experience as a GSA / Front Office Agent in a 5* property
• Complete understanding and technical skills and knowledge in all aspect of Front Office.
• Thorough knowledge of the Starwood Front Office standards and procedures.
• Complete knowledge of all safety, security and fire safety measures in his department and the hotel as a whole.
Other skills (Language, computers):
• English, written and spoken
• Additional Language preferred: Arabic, Russian or German
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit for long hours
• Be proficient in computers (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
• Knowledge of Opera PMS system is an added value