Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible:
- To assist in developing and implementing initiatives which embrace Starwood values while fully utilising the Starwood people process tools such as StarFinder, Associate Management, Starwood One, Talent Review and Performance Management Process (PMP). Ensuring that all staff members are treated in a positive, fair and supportive manner throughout their employment.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
General Human Resources
- Ensure proactive participation in all Starwood initiatives (Star Voice, Social events, ….)
- Any other duties directed by the HRD.
- Prepare the on-boarding program by using and filling the on-boarding check list,
- Ensure that all material, invitations, documents are ready prior to the training,
- Ensure the room is set up appropriately and be ready 30 minutes prior to the training,
- Ensure full understanding of the presentations with the participants,
- Engage with them during the whole program.
- Upon completion of on-boarding and following the check list, ensure all documents and information’s are updated into the systems (Induction Plan / Diligence)
- All Staff members trained with maximum 80 days (Heart of House), 120 days (Front of House), 60 days (Leading Win With Talent),
- All sessions created within 48 hours in the Development Center,
- Ensure the regular update of the material,
- Minimum of 1 Departmental Trainer per Department,
- Departmental Trainer certified within maximum 2 months,
- Monthly audit and coaching to organize,
- Training calendars and attendance sheet submitted by 31st of each month,
- Monthly training reports (hours) kept up to date,
- Induction plan updated and given to all new joiners on their first starting day, Induction plan to be given within maximum 5 weeks after starting day.
- Support the HR Departmental Trainer in his / her monthly duties,
- PMP Training / refresher organized 3 times a year for all new Assistant Manager or Manager,
- Ensure that all staff members benefit from PMP Process.
- Tracking on excel and report from Starwood one.
- Assist the Assistant Recruitment Manager in recruiting & coordinating intern’s recruitment.
- Ensure that all interns have a proper training plan,
- Ensure monthly discussion with interns (formally or informally),
- Organize quarterly Interns meetings,
- Ensure all Interns have a smooth departure process – to liaise with HR
Training budget & reports:
- Monthly forecast to update by 20th of each month,
- Expenses to control on the 1st of each month,
- Excel Budget sheet to update on a monthly basis,
- Training report to send by the 5th of each month.
- In conjunction with the Hygiene Manager ensure that H&S trainings and procedures for F&B outlets meet Starwood H&S standards and procedures and local law.
- Ensure that Starwood Diligence training inputs are maintained up to date.
- Ensure that all training material is updated at least once a year and downloaded on Diligence
- All relevant information regarding training department are communicated into the HR Newsletter (Monthly Basis). Create articles and communicate picture.
- Training Notice Board updated on a weekly basis (Cross trainings – departmental trainers – Training Calendar – Brand programs)
- Monthly Training Calendar to communicate to all HOD’s on the last day of the month. Ensure that the nomination lists are prepared and updates – communicate the invitation to managers & associates concerned. Ensure that all the material is prepared (Workbook, registration list, diploma, feedbacks forms …) Ensure that the trainings room, meeting are booked.
- Ensure that the training room & meeting room is prepared & well organized for all the training (calendar updated, cleanliness, seats …).
- Brand Activation: Propose an annual Brand Activation plan. Ensure that all staff member will attend to these Brand Activation initiatives.
- Development Center: Ensure that all Starwood trainings (SCT – BI – The Welcome…) are recorded into the Development Center,
- Ensure that cross training process is fully utilised and followed up with each department,
- Ensure that all mandatories Starwood trainings (Code of conduct, SPG, code of conduct for finance …) are recorded into the Development Center. Ensure that all the new comers are enrolled into these trainings.
Degree level in hospitality management / HR
Experience in a 5* International Brand
Previous hospitality experience is essential as well as training and human resources within hospitality industry. Operational experience on managerial level is a benefit.