Telephone operator (BSD agent)
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1025 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa
This beautiful property, full of natural elements has put the focus back on the outdoors and natural surroundings. The property is located in Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi and has 172 guest rooms all overlooking the wonderful greenery of the golf course, they are spacious and will provide our guests with the best night’s sleep in the signature Westin Heavenly bed.
With three pools all surrounded by lush vegetation our guests are provided with the opportunity to rest and relax in luxury.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Butler Service Desk Agent attends promptly and efficiently to all phone calls within 3 rings and is the primary point of contact for all telephone correspondence within the hotel. All phone calls are answered with a warm welcome and answer any guest questions, anticipate their wants and needs and resolve guest problems. Ensure guest’s immediate requirements are catered for. The Butler Services Agent has an awareness of regular guest names and requirements and has a full understanding of core Front Office process.
• Has a full knowledge of Starwood Preferred Guest Program, Hotel occupancy and availability
• Knowledgeable in all room types and attributes (layout, size, connecting configurations, and views)
• Keeping Butlers informed of blocking and unblocking rooms, reallocation and room moves when Front Office liaises the changes with the Agents
• Locate arriving, in-house and departed guests by name and /or room number
• Competent in messaging functionality (creating, modifying, delivering, deleting)
• Answer all phone calls adhere to the standards set forth within the Telephone & Verbiage FOE
• Transfer calls to an appropriate guest or department when requested by callers and “hand shake “ over the phone where appropriate
• Coordinate guest requests with all relevant department
• Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
• Communication and recording of complaints
• Monitor and action eButler requests
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the team
• Resolve daily Traces for Butler Services
• Strong communication with other departments, especially Front Office and Housekeeping
• Make sure all Starguest profiles are turned to “Complete” from incomplete lists
• Report maintenance faults and damage to machines, furniture and fittings in all area of the hotel to the maintenance department.
• Strong relationship with guests and internal customers
• Prepare Wake Up Call log sheet for the following day and ensure this is handed over to Butler Supervisors
• Ensure all Wakeup call requests are logged accurately
• Give wake up calls for guests
Purpose of Role Cont’d:
• Keep inventory of Butler On Call Items
• StarGuest Basics (profiles, preferences, defects, reporting) are entered accurately and monitor existing profiles
• Prepare daily VIP Treatment Plan and SPG guests amenity
• Ensure standard Pre-arrival processes are followed
• Ensure that all the Ebutlers are send on a daily base .
• Reply to any guest request in a prompt manner, through e-mail or telephone and ensures that all follow ups are taken care off.
• Ensure daily amenity lists are prepared and communicate to Kitchen and Butler Supervisor
• Ensure daily shift hand over is completed thoroughly
• To ensure all Butler’s adhered to the privacy rights of all Guests by keeping Butlers informed of incognito status upon guest requests
• Attend relevant training to ensure quality and standards of service and product are maintained
• Monitor guest questionnaires and GEI results to identify shortfalls and remedy service issues with Butler Service Desk Supervisor
• Ensure service standards are consistently complied with St. Regis brand standards and 3rd party inspection standards
• Maintain all Butler records
• To effectively implement Room Department objectives such as guest service/ satisfaction targets (GEI), financial targets, revenues and profits with Butler Service Desk Supervisor
• Attend promptly to all guest complaints and requests
• Comply with the grooming and uniform standards
• Actively practice a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike
• Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace
• Conduct duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service and communication is maintained
• Any other duties as per changes in operation procedures or as assigned by superior.
• Preferably Bachelor or College degree
• Two or three years working experience in relevant field of a luxury hotel
• Guest Service Contact experience required.
• Negotiation skills
• Delegation skills
• Training and coaching skills
• Administration skills
• Organisational & time management skills
• Keyboard/ Computer skills
• Communication skills (written/ verbal)
• Goal focus
• Guest focus
• Problem solving skills
• Effective complaint handling
• Project management skills
• Quality awareness
• Hotel experience within a luxury environment