Assistant Security Manager
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- The effective and efficient operation of the security department, in ensuring security of the building and its contents, safety of the guest and associates, prevention of accidents and incidents and liaison with relevant government agencies as provide guest service in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by Starwood Hotel and Resorts.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• Compliance with the standard operating procedures of St. Regis Saadiyat island resort.
• Interview, select, review, and counsel security officers to maintain order throughout the hotel.
• Train new employees according to all corporate specifications, including documentation, assign duties, schedule staff whilst balancing the needs of hotel and / or productivity standards, monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
• To ensure all incidents are recorded and updated in diligence and shared with the director of security.
• To coordinate with local authorities such as police, CID, Abu Dhabi national security and civil defence whenever required.
• Monitor perimeter access points to ensure integrity of threshold security.
• Develop and administer security incentive programs.
• Support training of emergency procedures to key personnel of each department.
• Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss, unlawful activities, ensure suitable investigation files are maintained and advise management accordingly.
• Coordinate and monitor the efficiency of security related programs for overall hotel etc.
• Attend the safety & security committee meetings and participate in other required meetings during the absence of the director of security.
• To ensure availability for attendance on site as and when the business requires it.
• Compliance with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities.
• Providing friendly, professional and prompt service at all times.
• Coordinate “walkthroughs” of the hotel with security staff as needed for inspection purposes.
• Coordinate training of department personnel with the department trainer.
• Perform any other tasks as requested by director of security.
• Participate in courses related to the field of expertise in order to remain current.
• Assist the director of security to coordinate with K9 inspections and authorities prior to any VVIP / Royalty visits.
• High school preferred
• 2 years’ experience in a Security Department at a supervisory level
• 5 Star Hotel Experience
• Additional language preferred: Arabic, German or Russian
• High level of IT understanding.
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Sound understanding of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring.
• Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills.