Sales Manager - Corporate
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
• In conjunction with the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for maximising rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base.
• Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Hotel, and maximising conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals.
• This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
• Representing Starwood Hotels worldwide promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for the property.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the hotels and Starwood properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilised to its full capacity.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• To attend any trade fairs as a representative of the complex hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotels.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan of the hotels and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To actively participate in the morning meetings on a daily basis.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of SET agreements within budgetary guidelines of all corporate accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans as agreed with Director of Sales.
• Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to CDOS.
• To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educational in line with business needs.
• Participate in marketing strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns, in support of Marketing.
• Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in TLPE/Opera and communicating to Events Managers for further follow up.
• Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in local language or English, and at least one additional language.
• Bachelor degree required additional education in Sales fields preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience of Sales Specialist.
* Arabic speaker as a plus