Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1025 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-traveled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Lobby Hostess is responsible for the quality of every guest’s stay and visit, escorting guests from Lobby to their room and upkeep the quality throughout their stay/visit. Work closely with Front Office, Transport and Concierge. Welcoming the guests and make them feel at home. Lobby Ambassador has to be very knowledgeable about all aspects of the hotel and must be able to explain the facilities while escorting the guests to the rooms or any hotel outlet.
• Welcome the guests upon arrival
• Offer welcome drinks and towels
• Escort guests to their destination within the hotel or escort half way and show directions with an open palm gesture
• Acknowledge the presence of young guests, welcome them and offer the child chairs at the reception desk
• Attend daily briefing and obtain handover from the previous shift
• Work with the required computer systems to update guest information or comments for future reference
• Take ownership of any guest requests and complete them within the appropriate time. If unable to complete within your shift, ensure to handover to next shift accordingly
• Handling minor guest complaints and inform the duty supervisor/manager about the incident and follow-up
• Assist the front desk with check-ins and check-outs during busy operations
• Write logs for ongoing events and guest challenges
• If several Lobby Ambassadors are on duty, cover as much space as possible around the lobby in designated areas
• Prepare the arrival reports for the day
• Collect preferences when discussing with guests in the lobby
• Go over the arrival list and pay attention for special comments/remarks and familiarize with the VIP guests pictures in order to recognize them upon arrival
• Report maintenance faults and damage to machines, furniture and fittings in all area of the guestroom floor to the maintenance department and follow-up with the status.
• Read the service opportunity report upon arrival to be aware of the previous day incidents and be able to recognize any guest from the report passing by the lobby
• Rooming all arrival guests and all butler services are well explained and actively offered such as unpacking, pressing, shoeshine and complimentary beverage
• Deliver GPS looking consistently for clues that will allow to personalize each interaction
• Escort departing guests from the desks to the main entrance and bid fond farewell
• Propose ideas to improve communication and interactions within the lobby
• Participate in the “Be my Guest” program and strive to create connections with the guests
• Promote the hotel restaurant and spa facilities and offer to make reservation
• Report any unusual and suspicious behaviour of guests or staff to supervisor and security immediately
• Ensure to comply with the grooming standard
• Develop and update the guest history
• Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the work place
• Conduct duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service and communication is maintained
• Secondary level or higher
• Preferable to have received training in:
o Customer Service
o Sales and upselling
• Guest service related experience, preferably in luxury hotel
Technical / functional competencies:
• Complete understanding and technical skills and knowledge in all aspect of Front Office.
• Thorough knowledge of the Starwood Front Office standards and procedures.
• Complete knowledge of all safety, security and fire safety measures in his department and the hotel as a whole.
• Knowledge of Arabic is highly preferred.
• Fluent English, written and spoken
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit for long hours
• Be proficient in computers (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
• Knowledge of Opera PMS system is an added value