Commis 1 - All Day Dining
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
In this role commis should learn by practice, observance and study the work and responsibilities of a Commis 1 and through that medium, the culinary skills of the kitchen and any other assignment given by the management, if and when required. It is mandatory to be vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP and Hygiene standard. Works in the various departments and sections, learning the different culinary skills and when sufficiently advanced, shares the work load of more senior cooks.
1. Learns through daily practice, observance and study the various culinary skill
2. Works in assigned section in the Banqueting kitchen or in the Arabic section in Olea, following orders given by his superiors
3. Attends training classes as per scheduled training plan
4. Learns by practice and by observing the work at a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and keeps food and fuel waste to a minimum.
5. Learns the hotel’s fire and safety precautions and how to operate the kitchen firefighting equipment
6. Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift.
7. Attend the daily briefing and know the daily functions in the Banqueting.
8. Should know to fill all the HACCP forms in a regular basis.
9. Ensures that refrigerators walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards
10. Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes, responsibility for the section.
- 5 Star hotel experience
- Should be able to read, write and communicate in English
- EFST Certification