Waiter / Waitress
Description Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Greet and serve the guest in accordance with the Lapita Autograph's food and beverage standards. Display aggressive hospitality with both guests and co-workers. Take pride in all facets of the service to include quality, appearance, and cleanliness of self and restaurant. Smile is to be a part of the uniform.
Skills and Knowledge
Good communication skills
Minimum lifting 50 lbs.
Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
Exposure to cleaning chemicals
Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
Be able to sing as part of the restaurant concept
Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports strategies and conducts activities to drive financial results, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction and market share.
· Follow all Lapita Autograph policies and procedures
· Comply with “clean as you go” policy
· Practice safe work habits at all times
· Report to work on time and in a neat, clean and pressed uniform including name badge, Daily Basics card, pen, pad, bottle opener, lighter and pieces of cork
· Follow self cashiering procedures
· Report problems immediately to a supervisor
· Set up the restaurant efficiently and accurately, including the tables, bar and anti-pasta/fish counter
· Actively participate in daily stand up briefings and taste panels
· Ensure knowledge of the Basic of the Day and the Food and Beverage Brand Standards, and ensure these are followed
· Handle an assigned station, and leave the floor only after permission from a supervisor
· Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to Brand Standards, sequence of service, and sales dialogue
· Be aware of any 86 items
· Always offer a choice of sparkling or still water
· Check back after two bites of the main course
· Crumb the table after main course or when necessary
· Change the ashtray after two butts and after putting dishes on the table
· Offer a refill when a third of the drink is left
· Clear empty glasses and dishes as necessary
· Serve all beverages in accordance with Brand Standards and Use Records
· Answer any guest questions about the menu items, daily specials and beverages, including knowledge of the ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes. Make appropriate suggestions to suit guest needs and proactively up-sell items.
· Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
· Operate the MICROS and Respak system accurately:
· Ensure accurate and informative punching of orders
· Have any voids or adjustments initialed by a supervisor
· Enter and update the Respak system accurately, without adding unnecessary profiles
· Ensure the prompt bussing of tables once the guest has departed. Ensure all re-setups of tables are clean, stain free and accurate, with special attention to detail.
· Side stations must be clean and organized at all times.
· Do all necessary set-up and side work as assigned.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management. This may involve working in or moving to another Food & Beverage outlet.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.