Full job details
Description Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Print and organize various necessary documents, summarize relevant information, and distribute information to appropriate employees. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility, (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations. Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels. Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Verify and track received inventory. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports. Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. Assist management in training, scheduling, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested. CRITICAL TASKS General Procurement
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise, and report to manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Lock and unlock secure merchandise storage areas.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Order packaging, raw materials, and supplies as needed.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Oversee return process by verifying counts, shipping addresses, labels, etc.
- Check in merchandise, report bad pallets, print and place slot labels, and check current inventory levels.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Receive and stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Calculate figures for food inventories, orders, and costs.
General Food - Stocking/Receiving
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, track refusal of items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Check weights of all items as compared to order and billing.
§ Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
Safety and Security
§ Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
§ Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
§ Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
§ Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
§ Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
§ Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
§ Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
§ Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
§ Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
§ Follow company and department policies and procedures.
§ Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
§ Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
§ Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
§ Perform other reasonable job duties as requested
Analytical Skills § Learning § Arithmetic Computation § Computer Skills § Decision-Making Interpersonal Skills § Team Work § Interpersonal Skills § Diversity Relations Communications § English Language Proficiency § Communication § Listening § Writing § Telephone Etiquette Skills § Applied Reading § Form, Report, and Log Completion Personal Attributes § Integrity § Dependability § Presentation § Safety Orientation § Positive Demeanor § Initiative § Stress Tolerance Organization § Time Management § Detail Orientation § Multi-Tasking Physical Abilities § Visual Acuity § Proper Lifting Techniques
Assists Management § Delegating and Directing § Coaching and Developing § Resolving Conflict General Procurement § Procurement Policy Food - Stocking/Receiving § Sanitation Systems § Food Handling § Product Quality and Appearance § Food Storage Guidelines § Storage Polices and Procedures Office - Stocking/Receiving § Departmental Documents
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent Related Work Experience
At least 2 years of related work experience Supervisory Experience At least 1 year of supervisory experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.