Sous Chef - Lani
Description Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
· Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
· Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
· Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
· Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
· Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
· Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
· Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
· Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
· Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
· Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Kitchen Operations
· Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
· Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Maintains the productivity level of associates.
· Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
· Trains associates in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
· Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
§ Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
§ Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
§ Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
§ Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. .