Kids Club Animator-Female
Full job details
Description Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
The Kid’s Club Animator shall be responsible for the safe, fun and memorable experience the guests and members receive in the Kid’s Club and activities operations. This must be creative, dynamic person to ensure all of the operations are geared toward guest enjoyment and excitement.
Min. 21 years of age
Qualified with pediatrician first aid certificate
Skills and Knowledge
Good oral and written communication skills in English
Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
Able to work under pressure at times
Ability to be versatile
Able to do shift work
Self motivated - able to work on their own
· Promoting healthy, fun activities for the children of the resort guests and members. Scheduling and rotation to ensure activities and events start on time and last the duration.
· To ensure that all Child Care procedures are in place and the area related to children activities is as per standard requirements.
· To ensure children are logged in and out of the area with due care and concern.
· To perform and record regular, structured checks on all areas of the club facilities as out lined by the Line Manager.
· To oversee all areas relating to children’s activities and supervision.
· To devise a range of activities for all ages and abilities
· Supervise children in such a manor to ensure maximum safety at all times and control of all children during supervised activity/play sessions
· To set-up, promote & operate children’s birthday parties to achieve department children’s activity budgets through the active promotion of revenue generating activities
· Responsible for member and guest retention by creating a memorable experience for the children and parents.
· Make decisions at the guest contact point to delight the guest without forgoing safety.
· To keep all equipment clean, tidy and well maintained including proper and secure storage.
· To report any damaged or missing items in rooms to the Kid’s Club Assistant Manager for action and follow up.
· To hand over all Lost and Found Items with full detailed information to the Recreation Supervisor and Housekeeping in line with the hotel policy.
· To attend to guests requests courteously and promptly in the course of duty.
· To ensure that all guests enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
· To escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
· To respect the privacy of the guests using the pool and beach facilities and the confidentiality of information.
· To report any guest comment or complaint.
· Ensures that guest amenities in the pool and beach areas are complete and up to standards.
· Handles hotel equipment and supplies with due care.
· Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the pool and beach loungers.
· Contributes the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
· To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sections of the Spa & Recreation Department.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor and the Assistant Manager.
· To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag.
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
· To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
· To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments.
· To ensure you read the hotel’s Ambassador Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
· To comply with local legislation as required.
· To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
· To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
· To attend training and meetings as and when required.
· To ensure that his / her fitness level and product knowledge is as per standard requirements related to Child Care / Kid’s Club Operations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.