Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Directly connected to the world-renowned mall, the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel is a gathering place for corporate travelers, vacationers, and shoppers alike. The hotel is centrally located, with easy access to such destinations as Jumeirah, Dubai Marina, Jebel Ali Free Zone, and Dubai World Trade Center. Dubai International Airport (DXB) is only 20 minutes away by car.
Each of our 481 welcoming guest rooms and suites provides outstanding city views, an LCD flat screen TV, wireless High Speed Internet Access, and the plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. Our full-service hotel has a wealth of options for a leisurely stay including a Spa, sauna and whirlpool, fitness center and rooftop pool. Featuring state-of-the-art technology, nine meeting rooms can accommodate a variety of functions. Plus, our well-equipped business center provides support services to help you stay productive and in touch.
Food and Beverage
• To ensure the high standards of service in the restaurant.
• Responsible for the satisfaction of the guests with the service offered and the food & beverage that is presented to them, within the station which is assigned to him.
• When coming on duty he reports to the restaurant manager.
• Will get the necessary supplies from the kitchen and pantry and set up his station.
• He will do the side work assigned to him, as outlined in the weekly schedule.
• Ensures that menus/beverage lists are clean and in good order.
• His duties include keeping the service stations clear and clean at all times.
• Assists as required with the actual service of food & beverage.
• When the guest leaves the restaurant, he will personally thank the guest for his patronage and express the hope of seeing him again soon.
• Exhibits personal attitude, appearance, in a manner, which will enhance the guests experience and satisfaction.
• Learns the hotel’s fire and safety procedures and who to operate the restaurants firefighting equipment.
• Learns the facilities of the hotel and the daily events and functions, in order to satisfy guest inquiries and briefings.
• Performs other duties as assigned on the weekly schedule.
• Attends training sessions and briefings.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must keep himself informed about the activities of the competition so that when the review of the menus takes place the restaurants position can be better assessed.
• Verbally informs the guests of Hotel activities in the other outlets