Commis 2 - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.About the role
Ensure the smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section according to standards of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift about functions and activities.
- Mise-en-place (report everything).
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- Work to the specifications received by the direct reports and supervisors regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Must be mature, passionate, committed, flexible and a team player to all positions.
- Must perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of high quality desserts and pastries.
- Basic knowledge of food preparations.
- Basic knowledge of health & safety in the workplace.
- Must be lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
- Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented
- Be highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Be driven to perform high with output combined with an eye for detail
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have culinary certificate or equivalent
- 1 year experience as Commis Chef or trainee in similar operation
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Quality Focused
- Basic health & safety in the workplace