Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
• Develops a solid operational knowledge of all engineering operational procedures.
• Exchanges and repairs electrical installations and equipment.
• Submits reports to the Watch Eng. on the condition of equipment and components.
• Regularly inspects all electrical motors and switch gears.
• Regularly inspects all electric light bulbs and replaces the burnt out lamps.
• Maintains all company’s hand and fixed tools in good working condition.
• Sets up special lighting for banqueting and in house performers as and when required.
• Carries out emergency procedures on lifts as and when necessary.
• His personal appearance and behavior will at all times be geared on representing the hotel in the best possible way.
• One to two years’ experience in related positions. Prior hotel experience preferred.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Working knowledge of state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws.