Chef De Partie
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes, responsibility for the section, carrying out ordering and stock rotation where necessary
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
• Assess quality control and adhere to service standards
• Support the control of food cost
• Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
• Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
• Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise
• Completion of Progress Training & participation in Progress related activities
• Support of Departmental objectives
• Completion of twice yearly ESI surveys
• Knowledge of and compliance with Sheraton European minimum standards
• Diligence in prevention of wastage
• Thorough support of and updating the training manual
• Attendance at Departmental meetings and ESI feedback meetings
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team
• Key relationship with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
• Relationship with Banqueting & Service staff/In Room Dining
• Three to four years of employment in a related position
• Culinary degree or equivalent education/experience required.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.