Discover Bermuda Operations Manager
Discover Bermuda Operations Manager
Warm, engaging service that anticipates our guests’ needs is a hallmark of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts experience. Showcase your interpersonal skills and passion for “the little details” as Discover Bermuda Operations Manager, where you will partner with our meeting planner contacts to ensure their satisfaction and the success of their group events.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Discover Bermuda, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Act as a personal on site liaison between the meeting planner and the various hotel departments
- Manage multiple clients, staff and vendors to ensure fulfillment of all program elements from start to finish.
- Ability to comprehend & discuss effectively all elements of the program with the client.
- A sense of strong inter-personal skills to be able to make quick decisions in a professional manner.
- Pro-active up-selling client products and services to ensure best possible success of Discover Bermuda
- A comfort level in handling direct Sales (prospecting and contracting) for small or short lead groups, as required
- Ability to negotiate with vendors to ensure that the best priced is always secured before contracting
- Keeping abreast of the current Destination Market trends in Bermuda and Globally.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Use information gathered to plan and contract all necessary elements to ensure successful program operation.
- Analyze all elements prior to contacting the client and to ensure that the contract is in the best interests of both parties
- Keeping abreast of the department’s financial goals from month to month and managing profit margin targets.
- Build a successful personal rapport with each client.
- Maintain accurate records of the program to ensure a successful program, customer relationship and accurate billing.
- Communicate on a daily bases with the client on any changes and cost incurred with clients signature while on-site.
- Reconcile all invoices for every program to ensure accurate billing within posting deadline target dates
- Ensure that all clients receive a query response within 12 hours of your receipt.
- Attend all pre-convention meetings that are assigned.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will have an outgoing and professional personality and be able to manage multiple tasks accurately and simultaneously. He/She must be energetic with excellent grooming standards, pride of appearance and will thrive on working in a fast-paced environment. Previous Hospitality based experience is preferred as well as having a strong knowledge of local Entertainment, ability to be creative is designing Décor/Event Theming, Food and Beverage Menu Planning, Recreation and Transportation options available in Bermuda is desired. 2 Years of Hospitality-related Management experience is required or in lieu of this, recent graduation within a Certified College or University Hospitality Major Program.
He/She must enjoy working closely with other colleagues within a Team environment and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, speak & write fluent English & must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; He/She must be very organized and able to work ever-changing flexible hours that consist of frequent early mornings, late nights & major Holidays whenever needed. A typical work-week often consists of 60 hours during Bermuda’s high summer season and occasionally throughout the rest of the calendar year based on business levels.
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or holder a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01467
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!