Pool Attendant (Temporary FT/On Call)
Pool Attendants (Temporary FT/On Call)
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts endeavors to offer authentically local experiences to our guests in hotels of unrivalled presence. Showcase your passion for guest service and recreation as a Pool Attendant – and be an ambassador for the engaging programs and activities that await guests of our pools areas!
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Beach & Pools Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Welcome guests to the Pool facilities and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Oversee the general cleanliness and upkeep of the pool area
- Ensure guests are aware of all services and activities available at the pool
- Assist with issuing towels, pool side set-up, selling food & beverages through Room Service
- Ensure that proper pool testing has taken place prior to guests using the facility
- Ensure all guests have registered into the pool areas
- Assist in promoting the facility and organizing special events as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in guest relations required
- CPR and/or First Aid certification required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking and standing throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or hold a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position.
Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01497
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!