Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Assistant Executive HousekeeperCreating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests . The standards and values you model as Assistant Executive Housekeeper will inspire your team – not only to ensure exceptional guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont. Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Maintain all guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas; ensuring that the highest standard of cleanliness is met
- Monitor labor costs while ensuring effective scheduling and department productivity
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs while working with the Chief Engineer
- Address guest concerns and react quickly; logging and notifying proper departments as required
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure effective communication, including coaching and performance management
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years relevant experience required with 1 year of which in a supervisory role; preferably in a large hotel or comparable facility
- Excellent detailed knowledge of housekeeping operations
- Basic training skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organization, multi tasking, problem solving skills; detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Property Manager preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite required
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01483