Assistant Food & Beverage Director - Mandarin Speaking
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
The Assistant Food & Beverage Director’s primary responsibility is to assist with the management of all shipboard food and beverage operations for either Norwegian Cruise Line to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations. Assumes full responsibility of the F&B Department in the absence of the F&B Director. This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire on board food and beverage department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
SOME ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The incumbent reports directly to the Food and Beverage Director and to the Director of Food and Beverage Services. The major trust of the position is to create and maintain a professional operation and control expenses relative to operation.
- Acting as late duty manager for the F&B Operation to supervise all night outlets for guest and crew including night production areas.
- Supervises the F&B management team onboard and periodically recommends appropriate actions including promotions and performance reviews.
- Assist with establishing and developing a highly motivated, pro-active F&B team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Monitor crew member performance. Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual. Make recommendations to the F&B Director regarding succession planning.
- Complete daily walk-throughs, by meal period, with the F&B Director, Director of Outlets, Executive Chef, Bar Manager and Provision Master.
- Ensure that all F&B outlets are cleaned, stocked and staffed to be ready for guest service especially on embarkation day to create a great first impression for guests. Report any issues immediately to the F&B Director.
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SEMS and safety and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outlets within the F&B department operate within the established budgetary guidelines for the vessel.
- Assist with monitoring revenue reports for accuracy.
- Assist in developing and monitoring depletion plans for dead stock and slow moving items.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Preferred one years’ experience as a Food & Beverage Director in a medium size (250 rooms) or 2 years’ experience as Assistant F&B Director in a large size (600 rooms) cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort. Internal candidates to have at least years’ experience as Department head as Bar manager, Exec. Chef or Restaurant Manager
- BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.