Restaurant Manager - Manadrin Speaking
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
The Restaurant Manager is to guarantee the most efficient restaurant operation possible. Offer guests maximum service and products by thorough planning and coordinating with related departments. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. This position is also responsible for beverage service in the restaurants and making sure that the waiter’s staff is up selling cocktail, wine and water in order to consistently exceed guest expectations and achieve the revenue target established by the company.
• Organizes schedules for staff. Trains and supervises the entire restaurant staff.
• Operate and manages the restaurant in such an efficient manner that proper service and maintenance of the restaurant is constant.
• Provides and maintains accurate and acceptable system for assigning guest tables in Restaurants.
• Establishes and plans training needs with the corporate trainer.
• Supervises all delegated duties in order to maintain the consistent standards of the Restaurant.
• Maintains all necessary records pertaining to personnel, service and controls.
• Inputs to forecasting and budgeting requirements for the restaurants.
• Inputs to help develop new menus. Also, maintains current menus.
• Coordinates all restaurant needs with other related departments and department heads.
• Supervises all crew within the restaurants, crew mess and Room Service.
• Meet & Greet Guest upon embarkation.
• Escort guest to the stateroom.
• Assist with guest personal belongings or luggage.
• Deliver various amenities to stateroom.
• Assist with private parties and functions.
• Assist with any guest requests within the role of the job and possibility of meeting the need.
• Unpack boxes/stocking area.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Office suite, Property Management Systems, and POS Systems) are required.
• Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
• Minimum three year experience in managing a food and beverage service operation is required (Four star and above: Hotel Resort, Restaurant); or two years of experience in managing a food and beverage service operation on a cruise ship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalency in Hotel Management or a related field is required.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
Attention to Detail,Body Language:Eye Contact,Smile,Coaching,Cooperation/Teamwork,Energy & Enthusiasm,Flexibility,Following Directions,Grooming/Presentation Skills,Initiative & Creativity,Interpersonal Skills,Job/Technical Knowledge,Judgement,Leading Others,Problem Resolution,Relevant Job Experience,Reliability,Results Focus,Supervisory Skills,Verbal & Written Communication Skills,
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.