Fleet Executive Chef
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
- The Fleet Executive Chef is a corporate extension of the Culinary Operations. Assists with the culinary operation and development of all shipboard Food and Beverage team members, ensuring service standards are met, adherence to corporate policies and procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that quality and costs are achieved and maintained within the targets established by the company. Financial/auditing reporting responsibilities to the Regional VP Hotel Operation with dotted line to Corporate Executive Chef Training and Operation.
- Provides general assistance to the Corporate Executive Chef’s. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Liaises with and assists the Sanitation supervisor in developing and implementing effective USPH training programs for galley operation, manuals and procedures for all food production personnel.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active culinary team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Liaises with provision master and Executive Chef regarding availability, specifications, standard item lists and delivery logistics, as well as shipboard inventory levels, stock rotation and inter-ship transfers of stock overages when required.
- Maintains constant communication with the Corporate Executive Chef Training & Operations shore side and Regional VP Hotel Operation in regards to maintaining standards, evaluation of product utilization, preservation, yield control and preparation.
- Conducts sampling and testing of currently used and new recipe.
- Oversee and assist with scheduling of onboard Provision Master same as scheduling of Executive Chefs.
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable of the goals of the company and department and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals. Communicating these same goals as needed to the department.
- Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ensure that all departments within F&B are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
- Complete daily walk-through of the culinary operation including provisions with the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that all galley areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SMS and safety and environmental regulations, therefore must have in depth knowledge of these same areas.
- Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
- Properly plan and prepare for events and cruises.
- Assist with developing and maintaining par stocks for food product and equipment.
- Monitor and audit food items delivered to the vessels that are in compliance with Company specifications.
- Conducts Trip reports and discuss with senior F&B Management onboard before leaving the Vessel
- Relief Executive Chefs in case of emergencies or Business needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel, casino or resort is required.
- Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with the following skills and cuisines is required:
- Modern contemporary plated presentations
- Classic European cuisines
- Classic American cuisines
- Asian cuisines
- Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with busy banquet operations and presentations; modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations; and implementing new food concepts and menus are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in culinary arts or foreign equivalency and/or 10 years’ experience as an Executive Chef. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Certificate of completion from a recognized educational culinary institution is required.
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes-indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.