Food & Beverage Director
Come join our team!POSITION SUMMARY
- The Food & Beverage Director's primary responsibility is the management of all shipboard food and beverage operations for either Norwegian Cruise Line, to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations.
- This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire onboard food and beverage department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Must be able to manage, organize, direct and supervise up to 10 restaurants with different concepts, 14 bars and lounges, 10 production and finishing galleys, the sanitation and provision departments.
- Needs to provide efficient leadership for a management team comprised of 1 Assistant F&B Director/Assistant F&B Manager, 1 Director of Outlets/Restaurant Manager, 9 Restaurant Managers or 2 Maitre ‘ds, 5 Assistant Restaurant Manager or 8 Assistant Maitre ‘ds, 1 Bar Manager, 1 Assistant Bar Manager, 1 Executive Chef, 4 Executive Sous Chefs, 16 Sous Chefs/Chef Tournants and 1 Provision Master,
- Must be able to efficiently manage a team comprised of more than 500 food & beverage personnel.
- Needs to successfully manage an operating budget of over $10,000,000 annually that includes wages, overtime, travel, uniforms, cost of sales, food cost and operating equipment cost.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Food & Beverage Director in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros).
- Six months experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, or reporting is required.
- Bachelors degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes-indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.