Come join our team!
• Protect the company's assets and to assist the onboard and shore side management in ensuring the safety and security of the passengers, crew, and ship.
• Observe and report 'live' surveillance while walking around the ship in both passenger and crew areas, as well as listening to any comments passengers or crew may have to offer.
• Have a well-developed understanding of the operation and management of CCTV recording and monitoring equipment.
• Conduct real time monitoring of Ship/passenger/crew Safety and Security, and compliance with SEMS and other policies and procedures.
• Immediately report to the bridge any real time security and safety observations that may place the ship, passengers, or crew in jeopardy.
• Conduct retrospective reviews of incidents or accidents relating to the ship/crew/passengers.
• Undertake reviews and complete reports of injury cases reported by the Security Officer.
• Assist the Surveillance Manager in completing audits and risk assessments of outlet stock movements and sales.
• Be familiar with and conduct audits of the Micros/Fidelio or any other computer generated accounting Systems.
• Monitor and record safety drills.
• Monitor and record bunkering, storage, and baggage handling activities.
• Monitor and record tender operations.
• Monitor and record red zone operations.
• Monitor and record port time operations with special emphasis on compliance with Vessel Security Plan.
• Complete a daily log with details including red zone operations, tender operations, embarkation and disembarkation processes, and communications to and from the bridge and any other departments, and observations that may result in more specific reports.
• At the end of a shift complete a handover that includes major observations and any on-going matters that require follow-up action.
• At commencement of a shift ensure that all operational equipment is functioning and that the shift handover document is understood.
• When completing written reports where possible include information that details date, time, place and description of event and persons involved.
• When completing written reports of observations record the event on incident, occurrence or safety evidentiary tapes.
• Maintain the daily and monthly rotation of tapes.
• Make recommendations to the Surveillance Manager concerning improvements to camera coverage and efficient use of the surveillance system.
• Assist and train other camera/system users such as officers from the bridge and engine control room.
• Report any malfunctioning of surveillance equipment to the Surveillance Manager.
• Use surveillance cameras for operational purposes only.
• Report any inappropriate use of surveillance cameras by other users.
• Report any interference with or altering of surveillance camera positions.
• Have a good understanding of emergency duties, safety rules, ship's organization, and duty requirements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Responsible for operating the ship’s surveillance program, which monitors over 4,000 guests and over 1,000 crew.
NATURE AND SCOPE
• This position reports to the Surveillance Manager and is charged with assisting the security department, as well as, ship’s management in order to determine the proper course of action to take to resolve onboard issues.
• The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience with the games offered by the casino is required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a casino dealer is required; or have a minimum of one year's experience within the surveillance field in connection with a hotel or casino environment, or equivalent.
• Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
• While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
• Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
• Able to pass basic safety course.
• This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.