GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Waiter leads the service for food and beverage in an assigned station in the restaurants or Buffet. He/she ensures that guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards. They are responsible for assisting with the on-going training of Assistant Waiters also assists with Room Service deliveries as needed.
- Assist with achieving departmental guest satisfaction targets and food and beverage revenues by following established service strategies and optimizing up-sell opportunities.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Follows and is compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for safeguarding all equipment and materials required for operation by ensuring self and team are adhering to proper handling procedures.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly setup with the required amounts of china, glassware, silverware and mis-en-place prior to the start of service.
- Complies with sequence of service for food and beverage, and directs and instructs Assistant Waiters to ensure timeliness of service to guests.
- Ensures satisfaction of service with guests in assigned station and resolves any service and/or product deficiencies that may occur.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly cleaned and set-up at the end of the meal period and that all assigned side-work is complete.
- Performs other jobs as assigned, to include but not limited to:
- Man non-cooking buffet action stations (i.e. carving station, dessert station)
- Deliver amenities on embarkation day
- Assists with Room Service deliveries when needed
- Assists with private parties and functions
- Assists with conducting service training with Assistant Waiters and Restaurant Stewards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Must be able to manage and service a workstation in a restaurant that is comprised of 16 to 24 seats.
- Must be able to direct and supervise 1 Assistant Waiter.
- Must be able to carry up to 12 covers on a waiter tray or 16 glasses in the same fashion.
- Must have working knowledge of the service requirements/styles/food for all meal periods (breakfast, lunch and dinner) across various restaurant concepts (Italian, French, Casual-fare, Oriental, Steakhouse, Brazilian Steakhouse, etc.)
- Minimum two year experience as a front waiter with fine dining and banquet service experience in any of the following settings: 3 Star – 4 Star land-based hotel/resort; free-standing restaurant with at least 180 seats; or previous shipboard experience in a similar position is required.
- Minimum one year experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Associates Degree, Secondary Education Degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Certificate of completion in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized institution is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.