Sous Chef - POA
Come join our team!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Sous Chef is a direct link between the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and his/her assigned production areas and outlets. The Sous Chef’s primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly. He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training. The Sous Chef’s enables his/her team by ensuring equipment and sanitation standards are always met, supplies and inventories are readily available, expectations are communicated, recipes are current, and training is on-going.
• Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
• Maintains USPH/FDA standards
• Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues
• Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
• Communicates with provisions to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, and return to stocks, including variances, spoilage, and excess inventories
• Strives to continuously improve flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Executive Sous Chef
• Continuously monitors food and labor cost in accordance with CBH
• Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
• Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic cooking techniques is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles are required.
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience on a cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
• Minimum of one year experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant is required.
• Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) are required.
• Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. units of measurement and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
• High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required
• Associates degree, Technical degree or foreign equivalent from a Culinary School is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.