Training Specialist - Mandarin Speaking
Come join our team!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Training Specialist oversees ship training function. Conducts general training courses including but not limited to Hospitality, Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, Management Training, and Customer Service Training. Responsible for all related record keeping.
• Conducts training for all generally applicable courses. Such courses include Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, New Supervisor/Manager Training, and Hospitality and Service.
• Responsible for oversight of onboard training budget and supplies, including all individual computer-based classes.
• Works independently to conduct training, following corporate lesson plans. Works collaboratively with ship management to determine needs and create schedules. Trains and influences all levels of management.
• Conducts training sessions using a variety of training methods and styles to maximize training effectiveness.
• Coordinates a group of departmental trainers to ensure completion of job specific Position Based Training (PBT).
• Utilizes Adult Learning Theory to ensure retention and transfer of learning.
• Develops specialized coursework with the approval and direction of shore side Learning and Development.
• Troubleshoots technical issues or seeks technical support in order to deliver training.
• Maintains accurate training records in the company system of records, MAPS.
• Sets optimum schedule for learners while guaranteeing limited impact on ship operations and the needs of the business.
• Resolves schedule conflicts by negotiating with management, learner and training services.
• Works with a number of onboard managers and crew members to facilitate the Vacation Hero recognition program. Works with guidance of onboard management to conduct recognition meetings.
• This position will be required to work assignments both onboard and at the company’s pre-deployment centers on a rotational basis or as needed by the company.
• Trains between 900 – 1600 active crew members.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of two years of training and/or teaching experience in a business setting is required. Prior training experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
• Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and skills in typing and MS Office Suite software, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, are required.
• Bachelor’s degree (US system) or foreign equivalent in adult teaching/training/development or a related field is required.
• Teaching certificate or trainer certification from a recognized educational institution and/or ESL Certification is preferred.
• Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
• Must be able to lead by example
• High ethical standards
• Flexibility and adaptability to change
• Able to excel in a multi-cultural environment
• Must be detail-oriented.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.