Head Wine Steward - Mandarin Speakers
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Head Wine Steward
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
The Head Wine Steward is responsible for the entire onboard wine program to include sales, training, inventory and proper requisitioning procedures. This position will also assist the wait staff with selling of wines during dinner service in the Main Dining Rooms and provides overall wine service. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible that the forecasted wine sales PPD for the ship are met and exceeded.
- Responsible for achieving the guest satisfaction targets established for the ship in wine service.
- Meeting the target cost of sales for the wine operation as determined by the company budgets.
- Ensures that all company wine service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff while on duty.
- Assists in ensuring that the department is in compliance with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Helps to resolve in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
- Ensures that the staff under his/her supervision follows and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Maintains and safeguards records, reports and other documents pertinent to the staff and the operation as dictated by policy and as direct by the Company.
- Participates in planning and managing the continuous training of all the staff involved in wine sales onboard using only company approved training materials.
- Reports maintenance needs and ensures that all equipment is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
- Reports breakages, abuse of equipment and negligent behavior when it comes to the improper use of Company property and assets.
- Assists in achieving the budgets that are determined for the beverage organization when it comes to all departmental expenses, salaries and manning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Wine Steward or Bartender on a cruise ship or a combination of ship and large hotel/bar experience in these positions is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Advanced level of supervisory knowledge in running a shift in a large restaurant and/or managing and servicing a large service bar is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in meeting and exceeding revenue targets, service standards and guest satisfaction results is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience working with beverage and wine products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell.All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds.This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.