Entertainment Technician - Pride of America
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Target Assignment: Norwegian Cruise Line US-flagged vessel the Pride of America
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYEMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Entertainment Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of live stage and backstage equipment for all shows performed in the main theatres & entertainment Venues. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, and other maintenance responsibilities as required.
- The Entertainment Technician is expected to maintain, inspect all equipment, and to track inventory in order to ensure that all props and items are available for all shows, events & presentations. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed. The technician must be able to understand and react quickly to new directions in a fast-paced environment involving multiple venues.
- Operates audio, lighting, video equipment in Theatre & all auxiliary lounges & venues.
- Performs specific backstage track during performances in theatre with the ability to change directions in a timely manner.
- Manages safety requirements during rehearsals, shows, events, presentations and change over’s to ensure maximum safety for all involved especially when Automation movement is taking place.
- Maintain and update records of all shows and changes to backstage tracks, rigging, and scenic changes. Maintain and update auditable inventory of all entertainment props and equipment.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of theatrical productions, basic rigging, and safe rigging practices is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Audio and lighting systems, including moving lights is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of digital audio systems, moving light consoles and entertainment backstage operations, including but not limited to, Yamaha M7, Ls9 and PM 1&5D, & Martin Maxxyz consoles preferred.
- Associates Degree in Theatre Production or equivalent is required
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.