GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Stage Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of live stage and backstage equipment for all shows performed in the main theatres. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, and other maintenance responsibilities as required.
- The Stage Technician is expected to maintain inspect all equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all props and items are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed. The technician must be able to understand and react quickly to new directions in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform specific backstage track during performances in theatre with the ability to change directions in a timely manner.
- Inspects on a weekly basis all electrical cabling for scenic, automation, and lighting; reports any defects to the Technical Supervisor.
- Secure the Launch Zone with the Launch Lead before, during and after the show.
- Monitor the trajectory of any expended product.
- Communicate to the Pyrotechnic Lead and Launch Lead if a shell or device has misfired or is a low fire.
- Notify the Pyro Lead if the show should be stopped or canceled at any time.
Protect the Launch Lead at all time.
Keep the Launch Zone and Pyrotechnic Magazines clean and free from contamination.
Document all misfires after the 10 min cool down period.
Assist the Launch Lead return all unfired devices, packing, and misfires to the pyrotechnic Magazines.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of theatrical productions, basic rigging, and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Audio and lighting systems, including moving lights.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of digital audio systems, moving light consoles and entertainment backstage operations, including but not limited to, Yamaha M7, Ls9 and PM 1&5D, & Martin Maxxyz consoles preferred.
- Associates Degree in Theatre Production or equivalent is required
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.