Assistant Executive Housekeeper - Mandarin Language
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 49-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 13 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Title: Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Department: Hotel - Housekeeping
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Under the guidance of the Executive Housekeeper, responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in the monitoring of cleanliness and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department, including guest staterooms, public areas and hallways, crew areas, crew quarters, print shop, laundry, pantries, lockers, storerooms, and the linen rooms.
- Overall in charge of the Housekeeping Department during periods when the Executive Housekeeper is absent and performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees either Guest Stateroom Side or Guest Public Areas and Crew quarters/crew spaces, ensuring the maintenance of standards and guidelines recommended by USPH, SEMS, Waypoint, and NCL Hotel Operations.
- Conducts daily inspections of guest staterooms, surrounding areas, ensuring rooms are properly serviced and trolleys are properly stocked, clean and organized.
- Conducts weekly inspections of cleaning machines and equipment to ensure proper care and use. Properly reports maintenance deficiencies that require immediate attention and follows-up on their status. Escalates issues as necessary.
- Ensures that ordering and storage of supplies is maintained to safeguard against waste, shortages or losses.
- Accountable for the supervision and training of all subordinate employees. Ensures maximum efficiency of subordinate staff performance by suggesting and developing own training methods to improve the efficiency, productivity and performance of staff.
- Responsible for scheduling staff in their assigned section(s) as well as ensuring timesheets are filled out properly and in accordance with the numbers of hours worked.
- Offers all possible assistance to guests and takes corrective action on suggestions/ complaints and strives for early guest recovery.
- Interacts with Housekeeping staff and appropriate crew to ensure the efficient resolution of problems and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Prepares daily/weekly reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Hotel establishment positions is required, or two years’ experience in related hotel positions on board ships is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Fidelio, Micros, PeopleSoft) is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.