Shift Building Operator
Shift Building OperatorPerforming a variety of skilled duties designed to monitor and maintain in optimum condition electrical and mechanical systems including laundry, valet, dry cleaning and associated equipment, which contributes to a safe environment for guests and colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Lead Shift Building Operators, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining an effective preventative maintenance programme
- Constructing, finishing, installing, maintaining and repairing electrical and mechanical systems including laundry, valet and dry cleaning equipment
- Maintaining accurate records logging inspections, rounds, tests, malfunctions etc.
- Completing various projects as required
- Preparing and submitting related reports including recommendations
- Managing inventory i.e. maintaining records of related materials and supplies, ensuring adequate stocks are available, conducting inventory
- Maintaining safe, orderly work areas
- Participating in various meetings as required
- Developing and maintaining cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Adhering to all department standards, policies, procedures as well as health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate or equivalent certification
- 2 years experience as a Building Operator or Building Maintenance Technician preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic building systems, HVAC, mechanical related equipment, boiler operations/principals, BMS Automated Logic Control (or similar systems) and computer applications
- Working knowledge of minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical
- Able to understand blueprints, schematics, models etc. making computations as needed
- Able to use various hand, power tools and other related equipment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organization, prioritization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Being accountable, flexible and detail oriented is essential
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Windows applications
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing, walking, bending, crouching, stretching
- Occasional crawling, ascending and descending stairs, ramps, ladders
- Carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Exposure to precarious places, fumes, prevailing weather conditions and various temperatures
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01508