Assistant Front Office Manager
Assistant Front Office ManagerProviding engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Showcase your interpersonal strengths as Assistant Front Office Manager, where you will lead, train and recognize your team in support of exceptional guest service!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Provides managerial support for Reception, Royal Service, Fairmont Gold and Guest Services in the daily operational duties for these areas
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Front Office colleagues in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Communicate through pre-shift logs, emails and departmental meetings all pertinent information for the respective shift and areas of operation
- Train supervisors and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for guest service
- 3 years front desk experience with 1 year in which in a supervisory role required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
- Fluency in English
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset
- Should possess or seek certification in basic first aid
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01466
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!