DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- The fire Officer shall strictly comply with the instructions issued and will not accept to execute any tasks that have not received the express approval of the Chief Engineer.
- Execute diligently any task related directly or indirectly to the equipment including cleaning, painting, minor plumbing, mechanical or electrical repairs, moving of material as well as any other action that the Chief Engineer may think necessary for the good maintenance of the equipment.
- Report without delay to the Preventive Maintenance Manager any damage or defects of the equipment that renders it inoperative and therefore present a danger for the safety of the people and/or the property at risk.
- Ensure that the preventive maintenance programs of the equipment placed under his responsibility are executed in a timely manner, in every aspect of the standards established by Hotels Constance and in accordance with the International laws and Standards prevailing in this matter.
- Keep a record of the documents related to the characteristics of the equipment and its location on the site.
- Log all information relative to incidents in the property or its annexes related to fire, real or false alarm, abuses of the equipment and the like.
- Attend any training related to fire safety that will be decided by the management.
- Keep himself inform of the rules and regulations of the laws regarding the fire safety and will alert the Chief Engineer of any discrepancy found within the resort in such matter.
- Be responsible for checking of the stock of accessories required for the good execution of his work and advise the Manager when the need arise to re-order any items that is required for proper operations of the section.
- Undertake of periodic preventive maintenance and up keeping of buildings, installations, equipment and machinery as instructed by the Preventive Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure prompt and efficient customer service at all times by adopting a proactive approach in dealing with request.
- Implement and constantly suggest improvements to Standard Operating Procedures so as to ensure consistency in the delivery of excellent service.
- Assist to follow-up on correct execution of works entrusted to subcontractors and on development projects.
- Strictly observe all environmental statutory requirements and promote environmentally friendly policies and practices.
- Keep and organized files of all documents related to the characteristics of operating system, installation, equipment or machinery. Log all information relative preventive maintenance actions and repairs on all firefighting equipment and the like.
- List and request from the Preventive Maintenance Manager/ Chief Engineer any tool that he judges necessary for the correct execution of his duty.
- Be fully responsible for the tools placed under his control.
- Assists the Department Manager in the planning and installation of new equipment, systems and/or facilities related to Fire safety/protection.
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met as well as the maintenance of safe work practices and observance of safety rules and precautions.
- Inform and seek the approval of the Chief Engineer to exit the property outside normal working hours.
- In case of fire or any other emergency, the Fire Officer should be present with the team to assist the Emergency Team
- Conduct Fire Awareness Protection and Prevention training to new employees of the resort during induction as and when required.
- Conduct Resort and Departmental trainings on different topics related to Fire Awareness, Fire Safety, Fire Protection and Fire Prevention.
- Ensure that the Resort Fire team and maintenance staff receive appropriate and adequate training, supervision and assistance in order to achieve the desirable level of performance.
- Attend to any training organized by the local Fire Authority or initiated by the Resort related to Fire Awareness/Safety/Protection/Prevention.
- KEY RESULTS AREAS
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- Functioning of fire equipment and materials
- Repairs of equipment
- Response time to requests/ Customer Service
- Maintenance of Fire Equipment
These KRAs will be appraised using the following indicators:
- State of fire equipment and materials
- Log book
- Record of repairs
- Monthly preventive maintenance report
- Equipment breakdown and downtime Reports.
- Quality of work