Jr Sous Chef - Pastry
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks out side the scope of work described.
- Assists the chef de cuisine in every aspect of the management of the outlet kitchen (refer to Job Description Outlet Chef de Cuisine)
- Replaces the Outlet Chef de Cuisine when absent.
- Understands fully the concepts of “autonomy versus independence” and aims at managing the outlet as if it was a personal business.
- Proposes menus and ideas of dishes for the outlet to the Outlet chef de cuisine.
- Ensures that all food served in the outlet respects CERS standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Interacts with outlet manager and other kitchen chefs in a constructive and proactive manner in order to promote team spirit and the interest of the company at all time.
- Ensures that all food served in the outlet respects at all times the hygiene standards in force in the resort. Inspects areas daily and ensures that standards of cleanliness and order of areas are respected.
- Ensures optimization of products and preparations produced in the outlet. Controls daily all the refrigerators and storage areas of the outlet.
- Assists Outlet Chef de Cuisine in the production of recipes and costing for all dishes and preparations served in the outlet, and ensure that they are accurate and updated.
- Ensures that wastage and spoilage is controlled in the outlet kitchen.
- Personally control staff rosters, attendances, and all staff related issues in the outlet. Must inform the Outlet Chef de Cuisine of any HR issue in the outlet and work in close relation with him to coordinate all staff related issues.
- Ensures that outlet is covered with sufficient staffing at all necessary time.
- Monitor closely the motivation and productivity of the outlet kitchen team members. Suggest initiatives to improve stability and motivation of the team.
- Ensures team members in the outlet respect the roster and the shifts, and ensures that control of presence is done accurately.
- Participates in technical training related to the outlet. Assists in producing all relevant documents related to training matters.
- Ensures that all outlet team members follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect CERS procedures.
- Assist Outlet Chef de Cuisine in ensuring that the core values of Constance Hotels Experience and Constance Ephelia Resort are communicated and understood by all.
- Ensures that team members behave as per the principle our core values.
- Ensures that CERS discipline standards are adhered to at all time by outlet kitchen team members.
- Ensures that the outlet kitchen is complying with the safety and security rules of the resort and the country. Ensures that all outlet kitchen team members are fully aware of fire safety procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ensures that objectives are met in terms of score at hygiene inspections for the outlet, and that HACCP standards are followed with consistency.