Kitchen & Laundry Equipment Technician
The Kitchen and Laundry technician is responsible for the maintenance of commercial kitchen and laundry equipment and related appliances in the hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, install, rebuild, adjust and replace kitchen appliance equipment.
- Performs major and/or minor repair, as well preventative and corrective maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Order and maintain inventory of appliance parts as needed.
- Inspect and verify the operation and safety of commercial kitchen appliances.
- Responsible for coordination and prioritizing repair tasks to respond in a timely manner and provide timely repairs and reduced downtime.
- Responsible for attending new equipment training.
- Training and demonstrating team members in the proper safe use and operation of equipment.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions and practices. Identify, document and notify supervisors of damage, abuse and negligent use of equipment.
- To prioritize tasks, train and instruct.
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration and kitchen equipment
- Use of critical thinking and problem solving skills in troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- To recognize the importance of safety in the workplace.
- Follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- Repairs of all kitchen & laundry equipment
- Preventive maintenance and upkeep of equipment as per program