Maintenance Assistant Department: Engineering & Maintenance Property: Constance Ephelia Region: Seychelles Employment Type: Permanent Description
Health & Safety Assist in Maintenance of Equipment
- Perform Preventive Maintenance duties in all the different sections of the maintenance department.
- Give assistance to all the technicians.
- Undertake repairs and maintenance as per instruction of technicians, supervisors, team leaders and managers.
- Organise and maintain a clean service area and maintenance building where maintenance and repairs are being done.
- Report any observed maintenance issues to the supervisors.
- Do regular cleaning in assigned areas, including BOH as assigned by supervisors.
- Report all disciplinary grievances to the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Managers.
- Ensure the correct usage of the material and equipments without wastage or excess to requirement.
- Partake is guests comfort by attending and assisting in complaints related plumbing works, painting, masonary, electrical - and carpentry works within the property.
- Undertake digging work related to new cabling works and also to cover existing cables which protrude from the soil surfaces.
- Perform digging works and assist with the associated repair works when there are water leakages within the property.
- Perform refurbishment works on plant and equipment, by chipping away corroded parts, polishing, priming and painting to the requested colours as specified by the technicians or supervisor.
- Specific assignments will be given once he/she starts on the designated shift.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a maintenance supervisor.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the green globe Policy.
- In case of fire or any other emergency, the Maintenance Assistant should be present with the team to assist the Emergency Team
- Under the leadership of the different managers work in all the different sections as per Preventive Maintenance program issued
- Work with technicians to ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.